- Other Funding or Competitions. Teams that have already secured funding from any source must disclose the amounts and sources at the time of entry, or as soon as they become aware of any funding commitment during the duration of the competition. Teams that have entered a plan into any other business plan competition must disclose this at the time of entry or as soon as they enter their plan in another competition during the duration of the Competition.
- Original Work of Authorship. All entries must be original and free from any claim of copyright or other restriction relating to the Competition.
- Number of Entries. No individual may be included as a “team member” on more than one business plan, and no business may enter more than one business plan.
- Payment of Prizes. The cash awards paid by the sponsors/judges do not constitute an investment in the winning business plans. Sponsors/judges will not receive equity in the winning companies in exchange for the prize money. Awards to the winners of the Competition will be issued in the name of the company as set forth in the plan and the sponsors/judges do not assume any liability for any subsequent distribution.
- Rights Reserved. Sponsors reserve the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Competition or any entrant’s participation in the Competition should unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsors’ control, affect the administration, security, or proper play of the Competition. No responsibility is assumed and entrants waive all claims for lost, late or misdirected entries, or for any problems of technical malfunction of any telephone or network lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry received by Sponsors on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, the website or any combination, thereof including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer resulting from any causes, including without limitation downloading any materials in the promotion. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsors, the Competition, or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsors’ sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Competition. Sponsors reserve the right to lock out any entrant whose eligibility is in question.
- Release and Waiver. By entering, participants, without limitation, release and hold harmless Sponsors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind in connection with the Competition. By entering this Competition, you agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity or error in these Official Rules or in the Competition itself.
If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Competition, please contact any Samuel Freeman Entrepreneurial Center, Small Business Development Center, or Business Accelerator.